STEPS TO APPLY FOR GRADUATION
1. Verify you have earned at least 90 credit hours toward your degree.
2. Check Application Deadlines
Failure to apply for graduation by the deadline will preclude your name from appearing in the
commencement ceremony booklet and from the commencement information mailing list.
3. Complete the online graduation application, available in Self-Service Banner. Visit our FAQ Section at the bottom of this page for reasons why you would get "no curricula available message" when trying to apply.
(Graduate Student: visit the Graduate School website for your degree application)
Please contact the Registrar’s Office with any questions regarding the online application process
4. Review Degree Requirements
All students expecting to qualify for an undergraduate degree from Buffalo State must
fulfill certain degree requirements as outlined in the college catalog and your Degree Works audit sheet.
Questions on degree requirements can best be answered by students departmental advisor.
5. Late graduation applications (after online application has been turned off) and students applying for a
past term degree should stop by or contact the Registrar’s office for the appropriate graduation application
Registrar's Office, Moot 210
SUNY Buffalo State
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14222
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.